To minimize the risk of contagion, you must respect the health instructions issued by the Government of Quebec on the resumption of sports and leisure activities.
In addition to the health instructions in force, you must also inform yourself before going on the trail of the level of alert in the region and the protective measures. The P’tit Train du Nord crosses different areas and you must follow the inter-region travel guidelines put in place to curb the spread.
If you are worried about COVID ‑ 19 or if you are showing symptoms, visit the Quebec government site and stay home.
From Saturday January 9, 2021 to February 8, 2021, the following measures must be observed.
A curfew for everyone between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
For open service workers who need to work and travel during the curfew period, the administrator should provide them with a letter confirming their employment and shift in the event of a police check. Example: maintenance of infrastructure (trails, ice rinks, etc.).
The following services and activities are still permitted:
Free practice of outdoor activity alone or in a family bubble (even in regional parks and organized places) is permitted.
Tourist accommodation is authorized for family bubbles.
Shelters (building without services for warming up and taking your lunch) are allowed.
Relays with catering are permitted with take-out only.
Interregional travel is not recommended.
PRECAUTIONS TO FOLLOW DURING YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE P’TIT TRAIN DU NORD
In order to protect the health and safety of all P’tit Train du Nord users, we ask you to respect the standards issued by the government:
- Wash your hands regularly;
- Respect a distance of two meters between users;
- Wearing a mask is compulsory in closed public places;
- Wearing a mask is also recommended (parking or access) but is not mandatory during the activity.Avoid all gatherings at rest stops or on the track;
- There is no place to change or warm up inside, you must be independent to practice your activity;
- The waxing rooms will be closed and access to the sanitary buildings must be made one person or family (bubble) at a time;
- Ski and ride safely and adapt your ride to the conditions. In today’s environment, let’s avoid risky practices and hospital visits;
- Keep your distance from other users at all times, especially when the pace slows when approaching intersections;
- When approaching a group that you want to overtake, make your intentions known and give warning when you overtake;
- You have to think about traveling independently: water, soap, disinfectant, lunch or knowing which restaurants are open;
- Bring back your waste, your tissues. Do not throw anything on the ground;
- In these special times, we have to be kind, courteous and patient.
Suspension and temporary closure of services
For the moment, sanitary buildings are still accessible.
See you soon!
Team le P’tit Train du Nord Linear Park